Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Motherhood is Application

A friend of mine passed this article(Motherhood is Application) on to me from John Piper's "Desiring God" website.  I am so glad that I took the few minutes to read it. It was just the encouragement and conviction my soul needed today. Especially since both of my girls were hanging onto my legs yesterday crying to be held while I REALLY just wanted to finish the pile of dishes on the counter. 

Here's a little snippet to whet your appetite:

Imagine yourself in your kitchen trying to make dinner for a group of little kids who are tired and should have eaten a half hour ago. Imagine that things are going wrong beyond that — maybe you are out of something you assumed you had, children are fussing with one another, and maybe your littlest is still at the age where they come stand on your feet and pull on your pant leg. Bonus points if you are wearing maternity pants and this little person is actually capable of pulling your pants down. You are hot, you are tired, and you are sick of it.
This is no time for a gospel presentation. There isn’t time. There isn’t anyone to lead the discussion around the felt board, because you are still scrambling to figure out dinner. This isn’t a time for a gospel presentation because it is a time for gospel application."

1 comment:

kellyH said...

oh my do I need this today! thanks for the snippet, I hope to have time to read the full version later.