Monday, December 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

One of these days I'll actually get to go back and rate some of the new recipes that I have tried. There have been some amazing ones and some terrible ones-ha! But for now, here's another week.

Monday- Baked Chicken because we're having company over and it's easy, yummy and looks impressive ;)

Tuesday- Chicken Noodle Soup -Let me just start by saying, there is no science to this one. I just take the leftover chicken bones and pieces from the above baked chicken, and boil it in about 4-5 cups of water, 3 carrots, 1 onion, 3 stalks of celery, two more chicken breasts, salt and pepper and let it simmer away for a few hours. It must be the seasonings from the cavity of the above baked chicken, but this broth tastes amazing! I just strain it(settling aside the yummy carrots, onion and celery), cut up the chicken breasts, and add back those veggies, and put some cooked noodles or rice in. We love it especially on a cold day!


Wednesday- Baked Mac and Cheese -Tim's birthday was Sunday and he wanted a burger out that day, but then after it was all over, he  requested Mac and Cheese this week :)

Thursday- Chicken fajitas


Friday-Broiled Parmesan Tilapia - I'm giving this one a second go. My first attempt was not successful, but it sounds so good so I'm trying it again!



Check out orgjunkie for more menu ideas!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I have got to make that Mac n cheese!! I keep forgetting till I keep seeing it on your menu!!!!

Miss Mommy said...

That fish is fab- I will make it for you if it doesn't turn out again. ;)