Monday, January 07, 2013

Menu Plan Monday~ A Month of Soups and Salads, wk 2

Monday ~ French Onion Soup
Servings: 6 • Serving Size1-1/2 cups • Old Points: 6.5 • Points+: 8
Calories: 312.8 • Fat: 11 g  Protein: 17.9 g  Carb: 31.6 g  Fiber: 3.3 g  
Tuesday ~ Shrimp, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad
4 Servings- 291 Calories,  17.7g fat, 15.5g carbs, 6g fiber
Wednesday ~ Creamy, Comforting Tortilla Soup

I got this recipe from my friend Shanna's food blog,  Food Loves Writing. Everything she does is amazing! Her recipes taste fantastic and her writing is beautiful and real. You should definitely check her out if you haven't before
*I'll also be making my own vegetable broth for this.

Thursday ~ Cranberry Avocado Salad with Candied Spiced Almonds
*I'll actually be substituting pecans for the sliced almonds because I couldn't find any ;)

Friday ~ Basic Beef Stew with Carrots and Mushrooms
Serving size: 1 cup - 303 Calories, 9.8g fat, 26.8 Carbs , Fiber 2.3g

Review of New Recipes: 

Honeyed Winter Salad - Ease to make- 8/10, Julie- 9/10, Tim- 8.5/10, It's a GO!

I will definitely be making this salad again!  Tim and I were both surprised with how tasty and filling this was! The grilled veggies were tender, but had a bit of crisp. And they had a sweet and salty thing going on with the salt/pepper and honey combo. So good!


I'm linked up with Orgjunkie

No comments: