Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Going Deeper



Well, I officially started graduate school at Trinity International University. Last night was my first class, "Foundations of Education". If you have you have been following my blog for sometime, you will remember that I have almost started grad. school several times. But for various reasons (money, time etc) I have not been able to follow through with that dream of mine. Well, it has worked out for me to get about 50% off my tuition because Tim is a full time student! Plus I have a scholarship through CLEF
(A Lutheran Educational foundation).
Because I work at a Lutheran school, I am able to get one class paid for a sememster. So all in all it's a pretty good deal. Praise the Lord for that!

I have to admit, I was a little nervous about my first class. I had stayed up late the night before finishing assignments, so I was very tired. The class is from 6pm - 10pm. So I was terribly afraid that I would be bored out of my mind and fall asleep! But I was pleasantly surpised when at 8pm we hit our first break and I didn't even notice that 2 hours had gone by already! The professor, Dr. Carol Kennet is an amazing teacher! She is a scholar and an orator and she wants us to leave the class being the same. I left last night ready to come into my classroom today. Boy did I need that breath of fresh inspirtation!

7 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Jules - that's fantastic! Very excited for you. I look forward to getting coffee sometime with you at IHOP - late so you can study :)

Karis said...

Wow! I'm very excited for you as God has opened this door. You have worked hard allowing Tim to go to school and now this is happening. Praise the Lord.

Don & Katrina Hines said...

I'm so proud of you Jules! Congrats! I'll be praying for you as you work hard to complete this new task. Love you!

Lacie said...

That is so wonderful! I'm glad that it's going to be an asset to you in the classroom! That will make it so much easier to juggle the load.

Kristin said...

I am so happy for you; you've waited for a long time to do this. God's timing is always best!! I'll be praying for you as it will be stressful at times.

Laura said...

awesome!

Andy and Davina said...

Wow...you go, girl!! Hope everything goes well...I'm impressed :)
Davina