Monday, January 28, 2008

Frustrating day!


What a day! I woke up and my phone was not working.. couldn't make any calls, although I could receive calls (weird).

Then I got to school and the kids were just horrible! I have no idea what got into them. It's like they had forgotten everything that I had taught them. I had to really crack down. It was just frustrating!

And then, I got observed by my principal teaching a Math lesson, which is fine. BUT - not only were the kids terribly behaved - but the lesson was a very hard one for 3rd graders. It was determining range, median, and mode. They are already behind in math, but they did not seem to understand it at all! It was so frustrating! I explained it like four different ways, but they kept whining and throwing fits that they did not understand it... all in front of my principal. UGHHH! In the end after MUCH explanation, they seemed to kind of get it.

Then I had the 4th graders in after school from 3:15 - 4:15.
After that, I have to run home and make dinner.
Then I have to run to a school board mtg (requirement for my grad. class)

That will put me home around 9:30pm!

Oh well, I guess I asked for this busy schedule. Some days seem harder than others though.

Tim did remind me that I have a lot to be thankful for - and I know it's true. It's just hard to remember sometimes!

One thing to be thankful for I guess, is that I finished my research paper this weekend (instead of having to stay up until all hours finishing it tonight)

Even amidst this crazy time, I will choose to rest in the Lord, for He is almighty!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a rough day! Praying for you. You can do it with God's strength!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Awe Jules! I'm feeling ya! I always hated those kinds of days, but I must say that I never had the requirements of being in school while teaching, so for that I give you props! I think I would have opted for the frozen pizza tonight, though! I love you and continue resting in the magnificence of your Savior!

Katie Barker said...

Jules,
so glad you are resting in Him when life is crazy. Hope you sleep well tonight! And good job on finishing that paper early. Way to go. Love ya.