Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Menu Plan Monday~ May 28/12

Monday~  Baked Chicken, salad

Tuesday~  Chicken Burrito Bowl


Wednesday~ Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad


Thursday~ Baby Spinach Omelette and fruit


Friday~  Homemade Pizza - Tim's going to try a new dough recipe from a friend that sits for almost 24 hours before you kneed it! I'll pass it on when I get it :)

Last week's New Recipe Review:

Bruschetta Chicken -Tim 9/10, Julie 9.5/10, Ease to make 9/10 - this was so easy and packed with flavor. I made my own sun dried tomato dressing that I marinated the chicken in and then we used on our salad. What a light and tasty meal! I didn't feel like I was dieting at all :) We are definitely doing this one again!

Stuffed Pepper Soup - Tim 10/10, Julie 9/10, Ease to make 8/10. This was a light and flavourful soup. It simmers for about 30 min, so I feel like the pepper, onions, tomatoes, and garlic flavors really melded together well. So tasty and low fat too :)

Coconut Chicken Salad - Tim 7/10,  Julie 7/10, Ease to make 7/10 - I like the idea of coconut chicken over salad with honey mustard dressing, but I didn't particularly like this coconut chicken recipe. I like the one I have made in the past. As well, the honey mustard was a vinaigrette and I just didn't love the taste - too acidic or something. So I don't think we'll make this exact recipe again. I think I'll use my other chicken recipe and search for a good honey mustard dressing recipe.


For more great recipe ideas go to, orgjunkie

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We made that coconut chicken once for OAMC. The dressing too. Just like you, I was also disappointed with it. I need to try your other other recipe that you linked to. It looks delicious!