Friday, May 06, 2011

Master's of Arts in Teaching

So in January of 2008 (almost a year before Madison was born!) I started my Master's degree at Trinity International University because I could get half off my credits while Tim was going to school and I really wanted to get certified to teach in IL as well as continue my understanding of teaching. Well, here I am 3 years and 2 sweet girls later and I am just now trying to finish up all of the last requirements for state certification and graduation. 

AllI have left is: 
1. College Algebra class (an undergrad class that I never took and need for certification)
2. Health class with a lab (also and undergraduate class that I never took and need for certification)

Once I have those two done - I can send in all of my paper work in to be certified to teach in the public schools in IL.

And then to actually graduate and receive my Master's degree, I have to also write my THESIS! So I am taking it one step at a time. I just registered for a College Algebra (yuck!) course at Harper College. The class will be on Monday and Wednesday nights through June and July. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

3 comments:

Tim Barker said...

Go for it Julie you can do it!
Barker

Danielle said...

Awesome!!! Trust me- it will be worth it all when you graduate! Such an accomplishment. Keep it up!

Katie Barker said...

So proud of you for registering! You can totally do it. It's close by and it's only over the summer! Yay. You can call me on your drives back and forth.