Friday, January 23, 2009

4 Weeks Old and She is Smiling :)



This is Maddy yesterday on the day she turned one month old. I was talking to her and she could not stop smiling. Now she does it almost every time we talk to her (as long as she has a full belly and a clean diaper :)

We are just loving on this little girl. She is so fun to have around - I think we will keep her :)
She has been so good so far. She pretty much cries only when she needs something. And the last two nights she has slept fro 5 1/2 - 6 hours straight! I am not really holding my breath waiting for this to stick. She is still pretty young. But it's still great to see it start. 

We are so happy that she is gaining weight and is as healthy as ever!  God has been so good to give us this sweet baby girl.

12 comments:

Abby said...

I didn't realize you had a blog until I stumbled upon it from someone else's blog! Maddy is SOOOOO adorable and I love her smiling pictures! What a cutie!! I love all the new discoveries everyday - they are the best!

Ben and Carissa said...

She is so precious Julie!! How wonderful to have a good baby! Mine were all great babies too, so I know how fun it is to have them around. What a beautiful smile and even better - what a great sleeper!! You are one lucky little momma! Enjoy every smile!! I wish I could give her a little squeeze myself!!

Karis said...

The smiles are absolutely precious. I am so glad to hear she's a contented baby!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Those smiles are so cute. Nothing makes your heart melt like you baby's smiles! I am glad your baby is so content as well and sleeping well!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

She is so cute, Jules! I love it when they start doing those things - it kinda makes those long nights worth it all . . . .just the simple pleasure of a smile! =) Congrats! Way to capture it so soon! Kate's smiles were elusive at first!

Danielle said...

what a pretty little girlie. So glad to hear you're going to keep her!

Lacie said...

What a beauty!! I love that smile. How wonderful to start to see her personality.

Kristin said...

She is so cute and happy! I'm enjoying the 4-5 hour stretches at night also. Enjoy every moment.

Becky Gravley said...

oh, julie and tim! this is so beautiful! i LOVE it! what a sweetheart! she must be a smartie pants...smiling already!

Amy said...

Julie, these pictures of her are precious! Thanks for sharing them. They make me want a little baby girl!! =)

Unknown said...

precious little maddie!! helps to have happy, loving parents! :)

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Julie! I am getting excited about meeting my little girl.
~Emily (Brown) MacGill