Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower!

On Saturday I had a class at Trinity (one of the last I am taking before Madison arrives).  The class was from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm.  Tim drove up with me to Trinity so that he could work in the Library (he said).  Actually, my cohort had planned a surprise baby shower for me and for Andy and his wife (who is due a week before me).  After class was over, I was getting ready to go when everyone was getting out food and talking about being hungry. I asked what was going on and they said they were throwing a surprise shower for us! Just then Tim walked in. He was in on it the whole time. Since January I have been in the same cohort with the same 12 people for each class. We have really gotten to know one another well and have grown to really care for one another. 

The first picture is a picture of all of our class together (not on the day of the shower).
 

They had a great spread of food out: Pork barbecue, salad, deserts..mmm...mmmm!
Tim was so sweet to take time out of his crazy Saturday to come and be with me and meet my friends and classmates.


yummy!


Christina trying to take the camera from me - what a wild woman!

We all chilled for a while, enjoyed the food and enjoyed the fellowship. The class all pitched together and gave us a nice gift card.  I am so thankful for good friends!

6 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

What a fun surprise!!!

Kristin said...

What fun! It's neat to see God continue to supply.

cranny + b said...

that's so awesome Julie--and you look so pretty!

jeileenbaylor said...

I know - he is so good. Just when we are not sure how it is all going to work out, He surprises us with something like this!

juliechall said...

Hey Jules...that's so great to hear. That was so neat for that to happen. What a blessing,
Julie

LMLogan said...

so much fun jules!!! sad you didn't get any new belly pics though! :) praising God for his many blessings for you guys!! :)