Monday, November 19, 2007

A free date night!

Friday night there was a benefit dinner for Holy Family Lutheran School, where I work. It was a very posh event to raise money for the school. The night would have cost us $65 a person - had we been required to pay. Yup that's right! Teacher's got to go for free! There was an open and free bar for the cocktail hour from 6-7:30pm and then dinner started with this delectable salad below:


This is just a picture of the gorgeous butter flower :o)
Below is a the main course: Herb-Crusted chicken, with roasted asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. Absolutely amazing!
I didn't get a picture of the dessert, because I was helping with the live auction. The dessert was a fried bread pudding with brandy icecream. It usually don't like bread pudding, but it was good!

Below are some pics of the baskets that people put together for the silent auction. There was also a live auction that auctioned things off like vacation homes for a week, dinners for 8, and boat cruises.

This is the banquet hall that everything took place in. Very nice! The kids from Holy Family gave a presentation -singing, speaking, etc. They did a great job!
The benefit raised over 100,000 dollars for the school. What a blessing: especially since we are building new school that will be finished this May!

Overall, it was a fabulous night... and how can you beat FREE, right?

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds and looks lovely! What a deal! I think I called Tim's phone Sat. night and left you guys a message. I thought I was calling your cell, but the voice mail message was different. (Sorry, I was driving) Happy Thanksgiving! What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Dawn said...

I am glad that you and Tim got such a nice meal for free (I still would have been happier with a buger) :-) I got your e-mail and enjoyed looking at all of the pictures. Good luch with the kids tomorrow!

Katie Barker said...

Looks lovely. I always loved when Regent had something nice that I got to go to for free! :)

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Wow! How abolutely wonderful! Looks like a great time and a great cause to support!

Excellent!
Happy Thanksgiving!

jeileenbaylor said...

Kristin, we are staying here in chicago for Thanksgiving. We are going to have a big meal with Scott and Lindsay :o)

Lacie said...

What a great evening!!

Anonymous said...

Looked like it was really fabulous! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much. Love you! Happy T'giving!

Suz

smlogan said...

who says delectable?
you kill me...