Thursday, January 18, 2007

God's blessings to me!

These are my beautiful 19 fourth grade students at Christmas time. They so graciously gave me the "Gift card Tree" beside me. Each student sent in a gift card (Taps, Gap, T.j Maxx, Panera, Kirk lands, Olive Garden.... you name it!) I was sooo flabbergasted, I didn't even know what to say, except THANK YOU :o)

I always love my job, but especially this time of year :o)

No, seriously, I have some pretty awesome kids that I am SURE God is going to do amazing things with this year and in the FUTURE!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

what a GREAT teacher gift idea! Much better than random candles...and "2 Teach is 2 Touch a life 4 ever" pins! Ha!

Jenny said...

OH I forgot to say, nice coffee bean layout!

Katie Barker said...

I love seeing the pics of your kids and your classroom. You really are a "REAL" teacher. Almost 5 years now! I want to come visit sometime.

jeileenbaylor said...

Kate- Thanks! I would love to have you stop by... maybe you could do a lesson or something on theology :o) OR TESL :o)

Laura said...

They are adorable Julie! And so are you! Where did you get that sweater?

C and C said...

what a great gift! it sure beats the 8 cans of hot chocolate that teachers normally get! didnt you get a kitchen aid last year?

jeileenbaylor said...

yes! God has been so good, using my students to bless our family :o)

Anonymous said...

hi jade :o)

Anonymous said...

hi julie! thanks for the note. your kids are cute. aren't they so much fun? brandon would rather teach kids than anyone else. he loves elementary kids. he preached the last two sundays at church, but he would way rather be in salt & light (our children's church) preaching the same message with crazy voices and actions. (he does it for the adults too, though) have fun. parents give the best gifts (i think its because they know what their kids are like and appreciate the break)