Sunday, March 19, 2006

A must visit restaraunt: "Alexander on the Bay"
Tonight we went to an amazing local sefood restaraunt. It is neatly tucked away amidst some gorgeous beach houses. The name is "Alexander on the Bay". A family from GCA took us out as a "thank you" for teaching their children. Tim taught their son Theology and I taught their other son in 4th grade.

They had reserved a table overlooking the water, but indoors, since it's a little chilly. The beach was gorgeous, with only a few meandering people crossing it. The food was... well... incredible! Tim and I both had crab soup as an appetizer---WOW, that's all I can say :o) For our meal, I had shrimp scampi over linguini, with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic... very tasty, and Tim had meatly crab cakes. The seafood was so fresh! It was very different from your typical Red Lobster or Olive Garden. It was superb! We tried to help pay, but they said they wanted to bless us as we are teaching and going to school!

What a blessing! God is so good. There are very few times that we can actually go out to a nice meal together, and this was so nice. We had such a wonderful time enjoying the atmosphere and the fellowship. They are truly a wonderful family, a blessing from the Lord!

Oh yea... for dessert we had gourmet coffee and shared a chocolate moulton cake-decadent!

ps if you are interested in visiting, let me know and I can find you some directions. I certainly wasn't paying any attention through all of the little turns.

pss We would have had a great pic to go with this of our table and the ocean... but I was a DORK and brought the camera and left the battery charging at HOME! So let your imagination take you away :o)

12 comments:

LMLogan said...

oh that sounds so yummy!! I'll have to ask scott if that's where we took his parents when they visited...if so it was absolutely delicious!!

either way - I'm so glad you two were treated!! you guys are such a blessing to us all!! :)

jeileenbaylor said...

Thanks linds, you're so sweet!
Love ya!

S said...

Sounds like it's a great place! We'll have to file that one away. We REALLY enjoy dates now since having a baby and know how important they are. I'm glad the Lord provided this opportunity for you and the parents you work with are grateful.

jeileenbaylor said...

Shanon, if you ever need a babysitter for a date night, just let me know :o)

Katie Barker said...

me too. i would love to watch esther!

LMLogan said...

make that - me THREE!! :)

S said...

Thanks guys! Now for the hard part of getting Stephen available for a date night! :) J/K! We actually just took advantage of the time at his parents, and they babysat so we could go out, and his grandparents gave him $$ for us to go out. PTL for his provision. He is so good!

jeileenbaylor said...

ok...i'm a dork, but how do i put a picture with my profile? Haven't figured it out yet.
Thanks

LMLogan said...

umm I think's in in your main settings?? I'll have to go back and check how I did it...can't remember!!

LMLogan said...

oh ok....it's under edit profile...and you can add a pic down there...like where you put your interests in and all that...

S said...

Did you figure it out Julie? Maybe I did it the complicated way, but I had to go back to one of my original posts where I had added a pic and then hit the 'edit html' side, copy the pic link and then paste in your settings. And you're not a dork..it took me forever too, I just had more time to figure it out! :)

jeileenbaylor said...

Ok girls. I went on my profile and setting and tried to put a pic on my profile. Shanon, I did exactly what you said, brought up a pic and then copy and pasted to URL---only I copied the entire thing they had there. It didn't work. IS there only part of it i should use... i'll get this someday, I guess :o)