Thursday, May 31, 2012

Scripture Memory~ June 1

Accountability is good for me. It seems to have helped my menu planning to be accountable to post my meals on my blog, so I thought I would do the same thing with my scripture memory goals as well.

Two friends of mine Lacie and Danielle from VA posted about their scripture memory goals and I jumped  on board with their challenge!

The basic idea is to just memorize 2 verses a month. One on the 1st of each month and one on the 15th of each month. I have loved it because it's a reasonable goal (not too many verses) and yet such a wonderful way to refresh my heart and mind with the truth of God's word.

I try to stay accountable to a few friends to pick new verses, but I am not too hard on myself (or them) about having every single word memorized. My goal is to meditate and think on the scripture at least 1x a day or more if I am able. I write my verse on a note card and put it by my sink where I hand wash my dishes.

WHEN I have consistently remembered to pick a new verse and write it down, I am always glad that I did  as it helps to renew my mind and tuck truth away!

I suppose that's why I'm posting here 1. to keep myself accountable 2. hopefully to encourage others by God's word 3. to challenge others to be hiding God's word in their heart as well.

Hope you'll join me!

So here's my verse for June 1:

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

4 comments:

Lacie said...

Yeahhh!! Good for you, Jules! I've really enjoyed doing this. :-) Can't wait to keep up with the verses you pick.

Danielle said...

Yeah!!! So glad for you, Julie! I love that verse too. That reminds me- I need to get my June verse going! :)

Cory said...

By far my favorite verse very INVIGORATING! GALATIANS 2:20 :)

Amy said...

This is a great idea, Julie. I'm gonna do it with you, so keep posting your verses so I know what to do next! =)