Sunday, March 04, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Our friend Stacey from Chicago has been here this week with us and we have been enjoying showing her around the area a bit and just enjoying spending time with her. It's always fun to have a familiar face around and to step out of the normal routine to see a few different things. We're enjoying our time! We just found out that Tim's parents will be coming to visit at the end of April for 3 weeks - yay!


Monday- Chicken Noodle Soup and Salad


Tuesday- Stuffed Shells (210 calories for 2 shells)

 I make mine by memory from an old recipes, but I includes: 1 container of cottage cheese, 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese,  1 cup mozzarella cheese, an egg, oregano, browned ground beef, salt and pepper- all stuffed into cooked pasta shells. Then I just pour spaghetti sauce over top,
 sprinkle with a little mozzarella and bake til bubbly. 


Wednesday- Cheddar Bacon Burgers (466 Calories a burger). A juicy American style hamburger is hard to come by here. The beef just tastes different is prepared in a "funky way" at the restaurants. By that I guess I mean that the meat seems very dense and pack together with very little seasoning or flavor - much like a hockey puck of meat - blah. So I scoured the web for a burger that infused flavor and "juiciness" into the burger - haha :) We love it!
Does anyone else have a good burger recipe they love?

Thursday- Beef Tacos and Homemade Guacamole (105 calories per serving-not including chips.) I love this recipe-so zesty and flavorful!

Friday- Orchard Chicken Salad - I didn't get a chance to make this last week and really want to -looks so fresh and tasty!


I'm linked up with orgjunkie

No comments: