Monday, July 09, 2012

Menu Plan Monday~ July 9, 2012

Monday~  Baked Chicken, baked sweet potato fries
Without skin - 282 calories per medium breast (or 250 for 1 cup diced), With skin - 382 calories 
Tuesday~  Chicken Noodle Soup, salad

Wednesday~  Fajitas, guacamole

Thursday~ Grilled Bruschetta Chicken, salad with homemade sun-dried tomato dressing (that I also marinated the chicken in). I couldn't find whole or chopped sun-dried tomatoes so I used the paste and it was so yummy! Oh and P.S. - I took this picture :) I'm so proud of myself, haha!
200 calories a piece of chicken and 70 calories per tablespoon of dressing on the salad
Friday~  Orchard Chicken Salad

New Recipe Review: 
Chicken Tortilla Soup - Tim 9/10, 8.5/10, Ease to make - 2/10. Ok - I'm not lying that I think this entire soup took me like 2 hours to make with all of the chopping and simmering! But that is probably also because I was SO tired that day and the kids kept interrupting me - so I felt like it took a million years :)

BUT -this one was worth the effort! It was so flavorful and filling! The textures were well balanced -especially with the crispy tortilla pieces on top! It made a HUGE batch. So be prepared to have leftovers - we froze ours after eating it 2 days in a row :)
Changes: It was a bit too spicy for us, so I think I'll cut back a bit on the green chillies, the chili powder, and the jalapeños next time to bring the heat down a bit. We also added cheddar cheese as a topping - so tasty! It's a GO!

Emily's Brilliant Bacon Pasta - Tim 5/10, Julie 6/10, Ease to make 8/10. It was so easy to make and most of the ingredients I usually have on hand (ok except for the zucchini and the creme fraiche). But we weren't huge fans. The flavor seemed to fall flat a bit and didn't seem to be worth the calories. But I know many people who love this recipe, so don't let our opinion stop you from trying it! (Sorry Em!)
NO GO.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls - Tim 8/10, Julie 7.5/10, Ease to make - 7/10. We enjoyed this very much. It was light and yet filling. Tim didn't even realize it was meatless :) I didn't actually make rolls though because our lasagna noodles are much shorter here. So I just made it like traditional lasagna. So tasty! The only thing I would change next time is using our own sauce recipe instead of the tomato sauce in the recipe to add more flavor. It's a GO!


Find more great menu plans at orgjunkie

No comments: