I must always say this every month with each of my girls, but I can hardly belive that Rose is 6 months old already! Where did the time go?! I feel like it was just yesterday that it was Augutst and I was 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant with her, waiting for her impending arrival ;)
Boy, was I ever ready for her to come!
She is doing so many new things these days and is looking so much older! She has been such a sweet addition to our family! If anyone even talks to her or looks in her direction, she smiles and babbles like there is no tomorrow! She has such a mild and sweet nature! We love you so very much Rose!
I enjoyed the little stroll down memory lane as I wrote this ;)
|1 month old|
|Halloween- 2 months old!|
|Pumpkin pie for thanksgiving- 3 months old|
|Christmas in PA- 4 months old|
|Christmas Dress - 4 months old|
|Valentine's Day -5 months old|
|Playing dress up with Madison. She is our little sunshine - 6 months old!|
Things our sweetie can do now:
* Sits up briefly by herself, then topples over.
* Reaches for anything in front of her (including coffee -yikes! Gotta get used to this one!)
* Officially started eating baby food this month and has done so well with it! She opens her mouth very wide and So far she has had rice cereal, oatmeal, carrots, peas, apple sauce, and mashed bananas (WHY oh WHY do I think of "The Wiggles" song when I write "mashed bananas"!? I must have a 2 year old - haha!)
* Has found her voice - that is for sure! She has started screeching and screaming like her sister! She also makes some great babbles, coos, and raspberry sounds too! I love hearing she and Maddy "chatting" to one another ;)
* Rolls over from back to front almost as soon as I lay her on her back, but not so quickly or as often as from front to back (probably she is a back sleeper unlike her sister).
* She loves her sister most of all! She cranes her neck to find Madison and smiles, giggles, and babbles at her! It's so sweet seeing them to start to interact! The other day I put an inch of warm water in the bath tub and laid Rose on her back and threw Maddy in there with her and they both kicked in the water happily while giggling, screeching and smiling. It was such a fun moment for me! They absolutely adore one another and I am unbelievable thankful for that!
*She is on a 4 hour schedule: Wake, Eat, 2 hours awake, 2 hours asleep - repeat ;)
* She has been having her last feeding at 8pm, stays awake til 9 or 9:30 and then wakes up at 9am! It's been wonderful! Sometimes she wakes at 5am, but if I put her pacifier in, she falls right back to sleep. the only bummer is that Madison often wakes up and in my sleepy stupor, I have to sing to her to get her back to sleep - but she always falls back to sleep within 5 min!
Here are a few of her 6 month stats from her pediatrician visit today:
Height: 26 1/4 in - I can already tell she may be taller than her sister when it's all said and done! We will have to wait and see ;)
Weight: 12.8 pounds
As I did for Madison on her half birthday, I would like to write a little letter to my sweet Rose.
Dear Rose Lillian,
I didn't know how much I would come to love you. You have become part of the fabric of our family!
Your Dad, sister and I love you more than we could have ever imagined! You are a sweet blessing from the Lord! Your nature is sweet and easy going. You are almost always happy and content. I could learn a lesson or two from your spirit :) Your joyous squeaks and squeals make us all so happy when we hear them! What would we do without you?! The Lord gave you to us and we hope and pray that you will come to know the Lord as your personal Savior and grow to love him and live for Him with all of your heart and life.
We pray for you every day and we will do all we can to help you to grow physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. We LOVE you and can't wait to see the impact your little life has on our world!