Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stanford Achievement Tests



This week at GCA we are administering the SAT's for elementary and highschool grades alike. I have to admit that this is one of the best times of the year (besides teacher appreciation week :o)

By fourth grade, the kids pretty much know the routine. I read the directions, do one sample problem with them, and then they are on their own for that section (anywhere from 20-50 minutes long).

So what have I been doing you might ask? Well, let's just say, it's only Tuesday and I have all of my grading done, and my lesson plans written out until may 31st. Now I am surfing the net and the blogs like crazy.... SOMEONE POST SOMETHING NEW :o) I am getting bored!
I guess I should bring a book in to read, like Adrianne. That would be more productive!

Nevertheless, I am thankful for the break from the every day teaching routine.

7 comments:

juliechall said...

That sounds really nice Julie! I have wanted to post something new - I know. I think it is that "end of the semester everybody is going crazy thing" - and Rob's mom just flew in from Africa so things have been even more busy - but really good. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon and the memorial day weekend!!!!

jeileenbaylor said...

Julie,
I totally understand the business of things. I will be so glad when summer is here! We will have to make a few trips to the beach before we head to chicago.

p.s YES! I am super excited about our memorial day trip together :o)

Beth Young said...

Come on over and see what spring in Oregon looks like. Glad you get a little breather & what a relief to be so caught up.

Don & Katrina Hines said...

I love those weeks as well! Ours is already over and our last field trip is tomorrow and then the last few fun things for this year will be over! Kinda exciting and yet sad! Enjoy your free time!

Tiffany Wagner said...

That's great! My sister caught up on all her grading too and enjoyed the week very much!

Stephanie said...

It must be nice to get so many things done! Thanks for your comments on my blog--it is fun to hear from you.

p.s I like the pink :)

Ben and Carissa said...

I used to LOVE testing time - especially snack time when we would all dive into teddy grahams and juice mid-morning!! How fun!!