Monday, May 20, 2013

Menu Plan Monday {Low Carb Meals~Wk 1}

Hello Dear Friends, 

I couldn't believe it when I glanced at my blog and realized that it's been just about a month since I last posted! Things have gotten busy and well - I just wanted to live my life for a while instead of worrying about writing about everything I was doing. Ya know?! 

But to be honest, I didn't meal plan very well when I wasn't keeping myself accountable to you all and it really frustrated me and made my weeks and days feel frazzled. Did not like that part at all!

But I'm back at it and ready to go! For the next four weeks I am trying to make low carb meals. I am not against carbohydrates or anything, but I just know I lean on them WAY to much. So I am trying to just eat complex carbs in the morning with breakfast and then aiming to be low(er) carb the rest of the day. I found that I have eaten WAY more vegetables than I ever did before! I don't just lean on toast, granola bars, cereal, crackers, chips, pasta, and rice. 

So if you have any good low carb recipes to share with me PLEASE leave a comment with your link ;)

Have a Happy Monday!

Saucy Shrimp with salad
Credit

Credit

Chicken Cordon Bleu with roasted brussels sprouts
Credit

Firecracker Grilled Salmon with roasted asparagus
Credit

Credit

I'm linked up with orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-tabbouleh/detail.aspx

Rachel Ann said...

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/baked-chicken-fajitas-recipe.html

We just eat these without the tortillas and sometimes we eat refried beans with this too