One of my all time favorite verses is: Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”
I found the following points about proverbs 31 on "Redeemer Blog" and I thought it was worth sharing! It was a wonderful reminder to me tonight.
From a John Piper Sermon (May 10, 1981)
What does a woman who fears the Lord look like?
She is not anxious about the future.
• Proverbs 31:25 “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come”
• Proverbs 14:26 “In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have refuge”
She has practical wisdom.
• Proverbs 31:26 “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of her kindness is on her tongue.”
She is strong.
• Proverbs 31:17 “She girds her loins with strength and makes her arms strong.
• Moral strength. Proverbs 23:17 “Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the Lord all the day.”
She will live not for herself alone but for others—especially her husband if she is married.
• Proverbs 31:11-12 “The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not harm all the days of her life.
• Proverbs 12:4 “A good wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is the rottenness of his bones.”
• Proverbs 31:20 “She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy.”