Saturday, May 24, 2008

Shrimp Stew


I was in the grocery store the other day, and there was this chef serving soup.  I tried it and about died it was so good!  He had cards with the recipe and I quickly grabbed one and then proceeded to hurry around the store to find the ingredients.  I made it for Tim the next day, and he LOVED it! So I wanted to post the recipe :o) 
* 2 T Canola Oil
* 1/4 cup each : Onion, Celery, and Carrots(chopped small)
* 1/4 cup Blackstone Chardonnay Wine
* 2 bottles (8oz.) Clam Juice
* 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
* 1 T Creole Seasoning
* 2 Pounds large shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined) ( I only used one pound)
* 2 T basil

1. Heat a large tock pot over medium - high heat for one minute.
Add oil and vegetables and saute for 3 minutes. Add wine, clam juice, and canned tomatoes, and Creole seasoning, stir to combine.
2. Place lid on pot and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the lid and add raw shrimp and basil. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring often. Serve immediately with crusty bread and Blackstone Chardonnay.

We loved it and I hope you do too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Julie and Tim! Tina Grubb here. I ran across your blog recently. Congratulations on the coming baby! I remember that feeling...sigh... Julie, I am sooo going to try this stew recipe. I love everything in it...It can only be delicious. Check out my profile on Facebook! Hope to chat soon.
Tina