Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Favorite Spot: Sweet Dreams Organic Bakery and Cafe.


About 5 minutes down the road from our house, there is this adorable little, family owned, coffee shop and bakery that I love so much. This is the table I usually like to work at.  There is free internet access, friendly service, and comfy atmosphere.
Here is my steaming cup of hot tea.  It was a blend of fruits and spices.  The small bowl on the side is a teaspoon of organic honey.  All very yummy!  All of their dishes and furniture are from Crate & Barrel
I love this little bar you can sit at too and look out the window as you work :o)
Here is where the baristas and bakers hide. They are amazing!  I will  have to post some pics of the gorgeous pastries that they make!
If you ever come to Chicago to visit, I would love to take you to my little "hole in the wall" favorite spot!

9 comments:

jess said...

Julie, this is a great spot! I feel warmed up just looking at the pictures - no wonder it's your favorite place to hang.

Looks like you guys had a great christmas and enjoyed some killer gifts on your birthday!

I take it you have the day off? Gotta love MLK!! Enjoy it!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

What a nice little spot! Hope you enjoy this spot on your day off! I was thinking of you today! Enjoy!

Kristin said...

This coffee shop is so cute! If we come visit we'll have to go there and get coffee! Enjoy your day off. Russell has been home sick with Bronchitis since Friday night and still has over 100. fever! Please pray for him; his cough sounds awful.

jeileenbaylor said...

Kristen... I will definitely be praying for Russell! I'm so sorry to hear that. I've actually been taking care of Tim too.. he reinjured his back after the car accident.... so he is laid up..

cranny + b said...

that is a great place!! I can imagine it is a fun spot to get work done;) Do they have hot chocolate? If so, let's go! ;)

jeileenbaylor said...

Yup! There is hot chocolate - it's to die for :o)

juliechall said...

Hey - looking at these pics really made me miss you guys - it looks like you had a great birthday and have had some fun in Chicago...your post about the Hancock building was fun cause we got engaged there and had dinner in the Cheasecake Factory. Hope your semester is going well!

Love, Julie

LMLogan said...

didn't tell you but we've been getting internet at home - have to sit in one spot on the couch but better than nothing!! :) hey maybe we can go there today if we get together!!! :)

Andy and Davina said...

Looks like a cozy little spot:)